Saturday 27 November 2010

Poem: 'My Mum Knows Everything!'

I wrote this poem after watching my daughter cuddling into her mummy one afternoon...a reminder of that special unconditional love mummies everywhere have and show toward their little ones...and to celebrate that mums really do know everything!


How to rid of that stain?
And how long will it rain?
To find out, who do I ring?
The one thing I trust
And ‘tis really a must
My mother....'She knows everything!’
From bolognese sauce
To laws on divorce
There’s nothing she cannot recanter
But one thing I know
For that’s where I go
To my mother...Who knows all the banter!
Defuzzing bad hair
And a great listening ear
She always provides sound advice
But one thing is sure
To tell all to and more
My mother...Don’t need to think twice!
When I scrape my knee
Or just need some T.L and C
My mum, she comes to the rescue
With her Supermum cape
And her arm 'round my nape
My mother...takes care of me too!
So without more to say
On this Mother’s Day
Please spare a wee thought on one thing!
The woman, the lady
Who gave birth to you as a baby
Your Mum - Who knows everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment