Friday 12 November 2010

Poem: 'Getting Rotten Cake on the Belmont Road'

I wrote this poem after buying a cake only to find it wasn't fresh!

Have been to Belmont Road to the local Mace
Bought a sponge cake to take back to our place
After having one bite, to my surprise
The cake was rotten, rage filled my eyes
Upon closer inspection there were spotty bits of mould
And the date on the packet said it was two weeks too old!
Went back to the shop and had a little mental
They were very apologetic and said it was accidental
'Yeah right,' I thought as she passed the buck
Me getting old cake was just bad luck?
I smiled very politely and kept myself calm
Got my money back and drove off in my car
Will write a letter of complaint as I love to goad
Everyone boycott Mace on the Belmont Road!

No comments:

Post a Comment