Sunday 6 February 2011

A Quick Note!

Apologies for not getting things up here over the last month. I have been reading a lot and more frustratingly writing chapters for a book I had started a while back. I have actually found the effort of writing chapters more frustrating than poetry and picture book writing. With poems and picture books you see the whole as it emerges from the mire of your mind with more expediency but I must say that writing chapters for a more concentrated period of time has left me a bit deflated!!! Not what I expected and more experiences of writing block than I have experienced before. I am putting down the chapters for now and have bits of paper and notes blu-tacked to my wall in the laundry where I have a space to write. I think that I will stick to what I enjoy for now! My wife has noted the change in mood that accompanied my writing the kind of stuff that I have been doing over the last month and said that I didn't seem to be enjoying it as much - and for the record she was/is right! It didn't give me the enjoyment that other forms of writing have and do give to me...So back to the writing board..in the manner that I enjoy...short-stories, poems and children's picture books!

Thanks too for Amanda, Pulusea and 'Room 6' for joining the blog since I last posted, appreciate people dropping in every now and again. I will put up a silly little poem I wrote a while ago as my next post to get the ball (my mind!) and my fingers rolling again!

Many thanks again,

Timu

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like a bit of tino rangtirantanga on Waitangi Day...lol!!! Bye, bye novels for now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Timu,

    Look forward to reading up on your blog. I've linked to my class blog if you don't mind. I like the poem and if you don't mind I'll share to my class.
    luv ula.x

    ReplyDelete